Financial Services Advisory
Education & Certifications
- Master of Business Administration, INSEAD
- Master of Mechanical Engineering, ISAT
Aymeric is a Director with KPMG in Singapore, whose key area of focus is on Digital Assets, including cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, CBDCs, and tokenized assets. Prior to joining KPMG Aymeric co-founded and led StraitsX, the largest regulated stablecoin issuer in SouthEast Asia where he oversaw multi-functional teams driving innovation on both decentralized protocols and enterprise blockchains. Prior to StraitsX Aymeric was an early employee at Paxos, one of the global leaders in blockchain infrastructure.
Counting among the first blockchain pioneers in SouthEast Asia Aymeric has significantly contributed to the collaboration of private ventures with local regulators through multiple roundtables, industry engagements, and live pilots. Aymeric was notably until recently a Steering Committee member of MAS Project Orchid.
Professional and Industry Experience
- Stablecoins: Co-Founder and Head of StraitsX, largest regulated stablecoin issuer in Southeast Asia, based out of Singapore, issuing both Singapore Dollar-backed and Indonesian Rupiah-backed tokens. Started and grew a multicultural and multifunctional team from 3 to 60+ in 3 years to support one of the largest non-USD stablecoin platform in the world. Previously a senior member of the Operations team at Paxos, the first regulated entity to issue a USD stablecoin in the US in 2018.
- Crypto: Led sales planning and go-to-market strategy in SouthEast Asia for crypto exchange itBit, establishing key partnerships with leading fintechs, trading desks and private banks. Contributed to starting an OTC crypto trading desk and escrow services operating in APAC trading hours, designing and implementing operational processes for settlement.
- CBDCs: Co-led the participation of StraitsX and Seba Bank to the 2021 Global CBDC Challenge organised by MAS, selected as finalist for a decentralised protocol-based solution with added privacy and scalability through ZKrollups.
- Regulatory affairs: Steering Committee member of MAS Project Orchid, pioneering programmable money at scale through public-private collaboration. Rolled out a live pilot at Singapore Fintech Festival 2022, in collaboration with Grab and 12 other partners, contributing to a MAS Project Orchid whitepaper on possible applications for programmable money.